Who we are: “Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world one child and one community at a time.”
What we do: We help kids…lots of them!
Community: We partner with organizations that share our mission and sponsor programs to improve the lives of children in Clarksville and Montgomery County.
• We partner with F.U.E.L. and Loaves & Fishes to provide nutritional support for children across Montgomery County.
• We provide Easter baskets for foster children through the Department of Children’s Services.
• We partner with the Montgomery County Family YMCA and the Imagination Library to advance the well being of children in our community.
Elementary Schools: Currently we sponsor programs in over 20 local elementary schools which recognize thousands of students annually.
• We sponsor the elementary level BUG (Bring Up Grades) Program which encourages improvement in academic subjects. We have served 22 schools with a total of 6600 students recognized for bringing up grades without letting any of their other grades falling.
• We sponsor the elementary level Terrific Kids Program which recognizes positive character traits regardless of their academic performance. This encourages and rewards those traits that we as a society value: honesty, generosity, loyalty, selflessness, etc. We award approximately 550 awards per year.
High Schools: We sponsor and help support local chapters of Key Club International in five local high schools: Kenwood, West Creek, Rossview, Northwest and Middle College. Key Club International is the oldest and largest student-led service program for high school students. Key Club promotes leadership through serving others. There are over 400 members in our city! Our support encourages these teenagers in their academic, service, and leadership endeavors.
College: In addition to the annual awarding of a Kiwanis scholarship, which started in 2015, we currently sponsor and support the local chapter of Circle K International at APSU. Circle K International is a collegiate service leadership organization of Kiwanis International. It promotes service, leadership, and fellowship.
Since its charter in 1968, the Hilldale Kiwanis Club of Clarksville has partnered with like-minded agencies and sponsored service leadership programs, impacting the lives of thousands of children across Montgomery County and Clarksville.